Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
Welcome to a brand new series of Connect My Brain! For the next couple of months, I’m going to be sharing a variety of real scenarios I’ve encountered in my office and share with you some of the tools and techniques I’ve used to help these individuals move forward. My hope is to give you a better glimpse of what I do at Connect My Brain and what kind of patients can benefit from my care. I want to cover some of the common issues children struggle with today and unravel them a bit by digging into what might cause these problems in the first place and how they can be helped.
In this episode, I share about a 10-year-old boy who came into my office struggling with anxiety, ODD, trouble paying attention, and impulsive behaviour. I see combinations of these behaviours and others in the kids I work with and the good news is there are ways I learn about out what’s going on in their bodies and brains. At Connect My Brain, I believe in resolution! I want to help you connect the pieces and in turn, help your child move forward.
In this episode, we cover:
- Introduction to the new case studies series
- What a brain map can tell us
- Things I ask about when taking patient histories
- Case Study on a ten-year-old boy
- Why developmental screenings are vitally important
- What happens when reflexes aren’t integrated properly
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.