Today we’re continuing in our brand new series where I go through some case studies of real patients that I’ve worked with. In this episode, I’ll tell you about a ten-year-old boy who first came into my office with ADHD, dyslexia, and a motor tic. Our goal was to help improve this boy’s focus and resolve hyperactivity without using medication.
In this case study, I cover more about what symptoms the child was experiencing, what kind of events in his patient history could have played a factor in how his brain got wired, and what kinds of assessments I used. Using a variety of assessments with my patients allows me to see how their brains have been wired up and figure out what kind of program might help their brains change and create new pathways. I truly love what I do and am so honored to be able to empower others with this kind of information. I hope this story will give you hope for your own child!
In this episode, we cover:
- Introduction to the case study
- Red flags in the patient’s history
- Reasons why your child might need to constantly move around
- My methods for assessing this patient
- The brain and attention problems
- An in-depth look at the Moro Reflex
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.