Today on Connect My Brain, I’m continuing our case study series, sharing stories of some of the patients I’ve worked with. My hope is that these case studies will bring awareness to some of the problems that can occur during a child’s development and that you, in turn, will be able to recognize similar problems in yourself or a loved one.
Today’s case study is a seven-year-old girl who first came to my office with ADHD, hypotonia, processing problems, behavioural problems, and a plethora of other issues. I’ll share how the circumstances of her birth may have caused some of the problems she’s facing today and what I discovered when I assessed her. I also talk about the dedication it takes to help your child long-term and how long it actually takes for a child to go through the program.
In this episode, we cover:
- Considerations to make when choosing health insurance
- Introduction to case study and red flags in patient history
- What I found in the patient assessment
- Patient outcome and the importance of sticking with a program long-term
- How to support your child through this process
- My encouragement to parents for a successful outcome
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.