Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
Welcome back to the Connect My Brain podcast. Today I’m going to be sharing another case study with you, this time of an 8-year old boy who struggled with anxiety, a suspected attention deficit disorder, and all kinds of other health issues such as asthma, eczema, and poor balance. As we explore his story together, I’ll talk you through everything from his mom’s pregnancy to his infancy and toddler years to now. It’s remarkable how a child’s circumstances and environment have such an impact on development. My hope is that these case studies will help bring awareness and hope to some of the struggles you might face with your own children. When I first met this boy, he had all kinds of struggles, but his story of change, healing, and health will definitely give you hope!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why I spend so much time on patient histories
- The problem with antibiotics
- How gut health impacts the rest of your body
- Events that can interrupt normal development
- What I found during my initial tests and how I approached this child’s treatment
- What worked for this child
- Weston Price website
- Nourishing Traditions Cookbook
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.