Today I’m starting a new series on collaborative healthcare. In this series we are going to take a look at what it means for professionals to come together and collaborate to treat a patient. I recently opened a new office called Brain and Body Rehabilitation Specialists and this is exactly what we do there! Our office uses an integrative approach which means we look at the entire person before even starting treatment. We look at the mechanical, chemical, and brain components of a person and integrate many different therapies in order to work with an individual. In the next few episodes, I’ll be intereviewing the other healthcare professionals who work at Brain and Body Rehabilitation Specialists and they’ll be sharing about their specialties and how they contribute to an integrative and collaborative healthcare model.
In this episode, we cover:
- An introduction to the collaborative healthcare series
- Dr. Laura’s personal journey to practicing integrative healthcare
- Why patient-centered healthcare matters
- Examples of what collaborative healthcare looks like
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.