In today’s episode, we’re continuing our series on collaborative healthcare where I’ve been interviewing each of my colleagues from Brain and Body Rehabilitation Specialists (BBRS). Today you’ll hear from Dr. Ben Behrendt who has a really unique approach to patient care and treatment. As a child, Dr. Ben experienced a severe traumatic brain injury in a skiing accident and his doctors didn’t think he would live. Against all odds, he pulled through and had to relearn how to do almost everything. After seeing his own specialists and healing from his injury, he had the desire to help others with head injuries. Fast forward to today, and Dr. Ben specializes in working with patients who have had concussions or other brain injuries. Dr. Ben is passionate about helping people who are under-served, being a life-long learner, and collaborating with other healthcare professionals to give the patient the best treatment possible. In this episode, Dr. Ben not only shares his story but shares a message of hope for anyone who feels like they are stuck in their healing journey.
In this episode, we cover:
- How Dr. Ben’s own severe traumatic brain injury influenced his career path
- Dr. Ben’s view on the collaborative healthcare approach
- Red flags for people who have experienced concussions in the past
- A glimpse into some of the equipment and therapies Dr. Ben uses
- What kind of patients could benefit from working with Dr. Ben
- Contact Dr. Ben Behrendt, DrBenBehrendt@gmail.com
- Reach out to Ben directly on LinkedIn
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.