Today I’m interviewing another colleague of mine from Brain and Body Rehabilitation Specialists (BBRS). This week’s episode features occupational therapist Kendra Noel. Kendra always wanted to work in healthcare and her passion for seeing patients reach their maximum potential is evident. Early on in her career, Kendra realized the limitations of a traditional healthcare system and felt frustrated with seeing patients max out without reaching their fullest recovery. When healthcare providers just focus on their own piece of the puzzle and don’t take time to collaborate with others and view the patient’s whole body and brain, patients just aren’t getting better and their treatment is disjointed and ineffective. Kendra’s goal in working at BBRS is to help patients continue to get better and better and not just maintain their initial progress.
In this episode, we cover:
- Kendra’s career journey
- Why so many patients never really get better
- How collaboration helps patients actually heal
- Encouraging healthcare providers to think outside the box
- Contact Kendra Noel directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.