Ever wondered how those little brains wire themselves up? Well, buckle up because neurogenesis and pruning are the rockstars behind the scenes. These processes, happening even before birth and through early childhood, shape a kid’s neural connections and pathways. Dr. Laura encourages us to look at the whole picture, from experiences in the womb to those developmental milestones, to truly understand a child’s brain wiring.
Dr. Laura breaks down the critical impact of a child’s early experiences on their overall health, from their time in the womb to their earliest developmental milestones. It’s all about understanding the nitty-gritty of brain wiring and how it shapes your child’s future.
She also gets into the nitty-gritty of gut health, immune function, and the potential effects of common infections on kids’ health. It’s like a crash course in everything you need to know about those little growing brains.
As always, your questions and feedback are invaluable to us, so please feel free to reach out through our website or phone!
In this episode, we cover:
- The importance of understanding a child’s entire history, including movement in the womb and the critical processes of neurogenesis and pruning
- Developmental timelines for sensory and physiological development
- Potential impact of vaccinations on brain development
- The significance of the MTHFR gene in brain health
- Understanding health blueprints in addressing chronic illnesses
- How nutrition impacts physiological development
- Episode 68 : Nutrition 101: The truth about cholesterol
- Learn more about Courses & Resources at Connect My Brain!
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you are the parent of a developmentally delayed child then you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.