Today we’re wrapping up our neurofeedback series. If you don’t already know this about me, neurofeedback is a huge passion of mine and I’ve seen people make incredible changes when they incorporate their brain into treatment. Today I’m going to talk about traumatic brain injuries (also known as TBIs) and how neurofeedback can play a role in getting your brain back to where it was before it was injured. A head injury should never be taken lightly, even if you think it’s just mild. Kids especially have so many open windows of development ahead of them and we want to make sure we treat injuries properly. We really don’t know how far reaching the impact of an injury can be on a developing brain.
At Connect My Brain, we work to restore brain function. Even once brain function is restored, we need to get that brain back online at the level it was at prior to injury. This is where neurofeedback therapy comes in! There are a lot of therapies that you can utilize to really get your brain back to where it was and if you’re willing to work hard, I believe you can make changes at anytime. Neurofeedback is simply brain training. At Connect My Brain, we want to offer you hope and help you know change your brain!
In this episode, we cover:
- How head injuries are classified and evaluated
- The impact of TBIs on a developing brain
- Going beyond the acute phase of care and getting your brain back online
- Healing your brain after a TBI
- Therapies and treatments we offer at Connect My Brain
- Signs of brain injury in youth who play contact sports
- How neurofeedback can change your life
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.