Today on Connect My Brain we’re going to be looking at another case study. My hope is that these studies will help you understand how everything is connected and hopefully give you a starting place if you’re going through something similar with your child. In today’s case study, I’ll be sharing about a patient of mine who had a history of the streptococcus bacteria but who came in to seek help for their ADHD. When I see strep in somebody’s history, I always want to get a strep antibody test and when I ran this child’s numbers, they were through the roof. In this episode, I will talk about how the immune system gets developed and explore the link between strep and neurological disorders.
In this episode, we cover:
- Red flags in the patient’s history
- What I found in the assessment
- Why some people get sick and others don’t
- Connecting the dots – how strep can chronically influence our brains
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.