Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
In this series I will be focusing on neurofeedback, a therapy I have been using in my practice since 2008. Neurofeedback is one of the most incredible tools I’ve had the privilege to learn about and use in my practice and has truly made a difference in so many people’s lives. Over the next few weeks, I will talk specifically about how neurofeedback can be used for particular issues such as autism and attention deficit disorders.
In today’s episode, my goal is to give you a good understanding of what neurofeedback actually is, how it works, and why it’s such a beneficial practice. Essentially, neurofeedback is the process of self-regulation – training your brain to respond in a specific way to a specific event. Many different professionals use neurofeedback in their practices, but this is something that you can also implement in your own life. Everyone from children to peak performers to entrepreneurs can benefit from neurofeedback.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is neurofeedback?
- The difference between biofeedback and neurofeedback
- The benefits of neurofeedback
- How neurofeedback is used to change the patterns in your brain
- Ways to use neurofeedback in your everyday life
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
- Episode 22: The importance of developmental milestones
- Episode 23: Common interruptions in childhood developmental milestones
- Episode 24: The long-term effects of chronic stress on children
- Episode 25: How the birth process affects a baby’s physiological development
- Episode 26: The link between gut health and brain development
- Episode 27: The link between body chemistry and developmental delay
- Episode 28: How to identify signs of developmental delay
- Episode 29: The methods used to evaluate and treat patients at Connect My Brain
- Episode 30: Success Story: A Mom’s Perspective on Connect My Brain
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind!