Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
What goes in our mouth and in our bodies can have a very far reaching effect on our health. For children, poor gut health can lead to emotional dysregulation, brain fog, low energy, eczema, and even poor school performance. Today, I look at how what we eat affects our microbiomes and the connection between belly and brain. I explain the gut commensal graph with real life examples from stool testing and how to recognize the red flags of a sick belly. Finally I discuss how to be an active participant in your child’s nutrition and why it’s so important to involve the whole family in a nutrition plan. Through education, we can be empowered to change and gain the strength and confidence needed to be able to fight for your family’s health.
In this episode, we cover:
- Gut health in children, stool testing for parasites, and healing the pathway to elimination
- When detoxification protocols can harm the body and how to do it properly
- Emotional dysregulation, picky eaters, and a limited diet in children as a red flag for their gut health
- The gut commensal graph with categories of: intestinal permeability (leaky gut), cardiovascular health, metabolic health, neurological health, irritable bowel disorder, hormones, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), autoimmune health, nutrition, liver health, and irritable bowel syndrome
- The best time to enter a child in a nutrition and gut health program, and the changing of food for the whole family
- Involving your child in their nutrition plan and having the whole family as an active participant
- Teaching your children about the social aspect of food
- How every gut issue is escalated by sugar
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.