Food is probably the biggest struggle for people, especially parents with children that have struggles, and nutrition can become incredibly complicated and overwhelming. Here in my practice I have a 3-tiered approach of Mechanical, Chemical, Brain. So when we talk about nutrition, it’s going to be about the chemical piece – the part that runs you and I as human beings. In today’s Nutrition 101 episode, we explore three questions on nutrition: Why should I focus on Nutrition? Why is it so difficult? And why does it demand such an aggressive approach in order to make a change? I discuss where your food comes from, oral health, gut health, and how to start your journey to a healthier lifestyle through your nutrition.
In this episode, we cover:
- How the human body runs on the food we eat
- Considering where your food comes from and how that affects it’s nutrition and your body
- The effects of the soil, fertilizers, and weed killers on your food’s nutrition and the toxins in your body
- How our food affects children’s health, stamina, diagnoses, disease, and developmental interruptions
- The health of your teeth and what food and chemicals you put in your mouth
- Making lasting change one step at a time, not all at once
- The chronic scenario of inflammation when eating foods that break down to sugar and the connection to kid’s meltdowns
- Kid’s gut health, microbiomes, and sick bellies
- IAOMT: The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Weston A Price Foundation
- Spry mouth rinse
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.