When you hear the word cholesterol, you might immediately think, “that’s bad”. Unfortunately, cholesterol has gotten a bad rap over the years and many people just assume that cholesterol is something to be avoided. But did you know that your body makes 80% of its own cholesterol? Our bodies actually need cholesterol in order to function properly. Too much cholesterol or too little cholesterol can caused problems, as well as the type of cholesterol you have. Each person’s needs are unique and so what is right for one person may not be right for you.
Cholesterol is one of my favourite topics to educate others on because it plays such an essential role in our bodies. In this episode, I’ll explain what cholesterol actually is and the various types of cholesterol. I also dive into the side effects of abnormal cholesterol levels such as depression, infertility, and alzheimers disease. I also talk about how the pharmaceutical industry is capitalizing on society’s fear of cholesterol and how you can really examine your own state of health.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why cholesterol has such a bad rap
- The great cholesterol coverup and what you really need to know
- Side of effects of low cholesterol
- Examining your true state of health
- The great cholesterol coverup
- Great Plains Laboratory Webinar Library
- New Beginnings Nutritionals Sonic Cholesterol
- Listen to Episode 66: Nutrition 101: Impact of the Pfizer documents with Amy Kelly, COO of Daily Clout
- Listen to Episode 63: Nutrition 101: Out of the WHO and in with the NEW with James Roguski
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.