In the last several episodes, I’ve been talking about common diagnoses that kids experience. But for the next few episodes I want to shift our focus to adults because adults can struggle too. We do have adult patients here at Connect My Brain. Today I am going to talk specifically about attention issues in adults, why they might be experiencing them, and how they can find help.
Many times when I talk to adult patients about attention issues, they are able to look back on their childhood and realize that this is a struggle that they’ve had for their whole life. If this is you, then I’d really encourage you to go back and listen to the episodes on attention issues in children. I think it is so important to understand why you might be struggling.
If you carry these struggles with you without any kind of answers or resolution, it can affect your confidence, self-esteem, and ability to be who you’re really meant to be. In this episode I talk about what kind of support to seek if you’re struggling, how technology use could be a big factor behind why you’re having difficulty paying attention, and how we can use neurofeedback at Connect My Brain to help you learn the skill of paying attention.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why you might be struggling with attention as an adult
- How your childhood struggles could be affecting you today
- What kind of help to seek if you’re struggling with attention issues
- Complementary vs. alternative healthcare
- Other reasons for adult attention issues
- How technology can influence our ability to pay attention
- The cost of technological advancements
- The myth of multitasking
- Why we need to practice remembering
- How using neurofeedback can help you practice attention
- Episode 83: The truth about ADHD [Part 1]
- Episode 84: The truth about ADHD [Part 2]
- Episode 85: ADHD or just the wrong diet? How food affects your focus
- Episode 86: ADHD and how to teach your kids motivation
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you are the parent of a developmentally delayed child then you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.