Today we’re going to talk about retraining your child when their neurological development has been disrupted. When a child arrives at Connect My Brain, I begin to notice many actions by the child that will have to be retrained. When I mention this to parents, I think most parents feel like they did something wrong and the state of their child is their fault, but this is not true.
You as a parent did not cause your child’s condition. As parents, it can be very easy to blame ourselves, but this will only cause us to become more overwhelmed and burnt out and does not serve us or our children. Parents do play an important role in child growth and development and because of this you actually have the power to help retrain your child. Retraining your child won’t be easy.
There might be some hard lifestyle changes that need to be made. You might feel even more tired than you do already. But there is hope and changes can be made. Remember that as a parent, if you’re not taking care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of your child. If any of this resonates with you, please listen to this episode and please reach out to our office so we can help!
In this episode, we cover:
- What to do if you feel like your child might be exhibiting signs of a deeper issue
- The role of a parent in child development and why parents need to be taking care of themselves first
- Why parents shouldn’t blame themselves
- Being open to retraining your kids
- Disruptions to your child’s neurological development
- The danger of wide-spectrum antibiotics
- Causes of brain inflammation in kids
- Retraining will be hard but it IS possibl
- Connect My Brain e-School
- Brain on Fire Movie
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.