Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
This is our final episode in the child development series and we are finishing the series off by hearing from a mom, Kelly Collins, who brought her son to Connect My Brain when she didn’t know where else to turn. Kelly shares why she brought her son in, her expectations, and some of the hurdles they faced. Hearing Kelly’s story perspective is extremely powerful. Her son used to exhibit all kinds of difficult behaviours and as Kelly says herself, every day was rough. Now, the rough days come much less frequently and the root causes of her son’s behaviours have been identified, allowing Kelly to really work with her son based on his needs.
Kelly also shares her own honest review of Connect My Brain. She warns parents not to come in expecting a magic fix or expecting things to be easy, but she does offer a message of hope and encouragement for others in her shoes. Here at Connect My Brain, we want to learn about your child, understand what’s going on in their brains and bodies, and help you and your child change the patterns their brains have gotten stuck in.
In this episode, we cover:
- Kelly’s reasons for bringing her son to Connect My Brain
- Examples of Kelly’s son’s behaviours both before and after going through our program
- Discovering and addressing the root cause of Kelly’s son’s behaviours
- How a change of mindset is one of your most powerful tools as a parent
- Ways to break patterns of stress
- An honest review of Connect My Brain
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
- Episode 22: The importance of developmental milestones
- Episode 23: Common interruptions in childhood developmental milestones
- Episode 24: The long-term effects of chronic stress on children
- Episode 25: How the birth process affects a baby’s physiological development
- Episode 26: The link between gut health and brain development
- Episode 27: The link between body chemistry and developmental delay
- Episode 28: How to identify signs of developmental delay
- Episode 29: The methods used to evaluate and treat patients at Connect My Brain
- Episode 30: Success Story: A Mom’s Perspective on Connect My Brain
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind!