In today’s episode I’m going to share my journey to becoming a developmental specialist and the credentials and education I have that allows me to put myself into this category. I think it’s important to know the background of what somebody’s education actually taught them. If you’ve been listening to the series on childhood development up to now, you might find yourself wondering how I’m actually qualified in the areas of childhood development, after all, I’m “just” a chiropractor right? Wrong! Chiropractors don’t just adjust bones and muscles. What we do is so much more diverse. When I was in chiropractic school we learned about the WHOLE body.
However, I have much more training in addition to my chiropractic schooling. I have numerous credentials including being a certified autism specialist and a diplomate in clinical chiropractic pediatrics, and I’m currently working on my seventh credential! In order to stay certified in these different areas, I need to continually get recertified and continually learn. I feel an urgency in helping our kids thrive and I’m very passionate about it! In order for me to do my job well, I am committed to constantly learning. In this episode, I’ll also share more about what it is we do here at Connect My Brain including the types of therapies we use and how we design individual patient programs.
In this episode, we cover:
- Dr. Laura’s schooling, credentials, and career path
- What do chiropractors actually learn in school?
- The importance of neuro and bio feedback
- Methods used to evaluate and treat patients here at Connect My Brain
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
- Episode 22: The importance of developmental milestones
- Episode 23: Common interruptions in childhood developmental milestones
- Episode 24: The long-term effects of chronic stress on children
- Episode 25: How the birth process affects a baby’s physiological development
- Episode 26: The link between gut health and brain development
- Episode 27: The link between body chemistry and developmental delay
- Episode 28: How to identify signs of developmental delay
- Episode 29: The methods used to evaluate and treat patients at Connect My Brain
- Episode 30: Success Story: A Mom’s Perspective on Connect My Brain
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind!