Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts
Today’s episode is the last one in our case study series. My hope is that this series has helped you see places in your own child’s life where a behaviour might actually be caused by a brain that didn’t get wired up correctly because the good news is that you can retrain a brain! I want parents to know that there are people like me who really focus on development and help children (and adults!) navigate the path to get things back on track!
Today I will be focusing specifically on chronic stress and the stress-response evaluation. I started using this evaluation in 2008 as a way to quantify stress in an individual and see how the system is actually working. In this episode I go through the stress-response evaluation in detail, explaining how it works and what it can tell me and I talk about how chronic stress literally changes the brain.
In this episode, we cover:
- How people perpetuate chronic stress and the effects of long-term stress on your body
- How chronic stress takes over your brain and the need to retrain your brain
- A deeper look at the stress response test
- How I use a stress response test to get the big picture
- Follow Connect My Brain on YouTube
- Follow Dr. Laura Hanson on YouTube *NEW*
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.