What is Neurofeedback?

What is Neurofeedback?

You are a feedback mechanism. Your brain and body work together to turn information from your external environment into reactions in your internal environment. But this balance can become dysregulated through chronic stress, and cause or intensify symptoms of issues such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD. So when this happens, how do we get back into healthy patterns?

Neurofeedback is a form of biofeedback training that helps your brain regulate itself by teaching it to self-correct. Many peak performers and entrepreneurs utilize this technique, as well as anyone who desires optimal health. It is a safe choice for all ages, as it is completely non-invasive.

But how does it work?

The conscious brain is only 5% of your brain. For neurofeedback, we need to get to the other 95% –  the subconscious.

At all levels of brain function, there are frequencies that assist with processing information. When these frequencies are too high (over-aroused) or too low (under-aroused), it can cause all sorts of issues. For example, an over-aroused brain has been associated with hyperactivity, anxiety, and rumination of thought. An under-aroused brain has been associated with attention deficit, depression, and memory issues. Neurofeedback is a practice of self-regulation which can help the over-aroused and under-aroused brain shift back into balance. 

All brain-based issues are patterns that we get stuck in, from anxiety to depression to ADHD. Neurofeedback is the process of becoming aware of that pattern, and then breaking it.

During a neurofeedback session, we are influencing neuroplasticity. This is the process that involves adaptive, structural, and functional changes to the brain. Basically, it is the ability of the nervous system to change its activity in response to internal and external stimuli. So with enough intensity and frequency, we can change the brain.

Neurofeedback is a great choice for influencing neuroplasticity as it provides real-time feedback, allowing your brain to immediately self-correct. Using sounds, visuals, and even tactile cues, we can get the brain’s attention and encourage it to self-correct. This process can only reinforce and direct natural states, so it can’t do any harm. It’s a completely safe way to improve relaxation and balance the brainwave patterns.

Connect My Brain uses BrainMaster technology for brain mapping. In a brain mapping, we use a full 19-channel QEEG cap which places sensors on your scalp using a gel like paste. These sensors create a funnel for electrical energy from your brain cells, allowing us to measure power levels around the brain.

We also use biofeedback tools to monitor physical reactions such as heart rate variability, skin conduction, temperature, muscle tone, and respiration. We do a stress response test where you are exposed to mild to moderate stressors. This way, we can observe how the brain and body react.

Our team of neurologists then review the raw data and generate a report of the findings. This helps us create a plan to help you reach homeostasis, also known as balance.

By doing these tests, we can see things that the individual might not even be aware of, that they may have even thought were normal. From there, we can help the client verbalize their goals and set them on the path to reach them.

Neurofeedback is best used in conjunction with other therapies like chiropractic, psychiatry, and counseling. It allows for a more well-rounded, whole body protocol. Essentially, it is a three tiered approach – mechanical, chemical, brain.

If you constantly find yourself stuck in patterns that you want to break, try literally clapping your hands and telling yourself out loud to stop. This is what we call a pattern disruptor. This is a simple neurofeedback technique – you become aware of a pattern, then you break the pattern.

If you’d like to book a consultation, or if you have any questions, call us at (678) 501-5172

You can also fill out your information here and we will contact you as soon as possible: https://www.connectmybrain.com/contact-us/


4930 Long Island Terrace,
Sandy Springs, GA 30342

(678) 501-5172

Listen & Follow


Monday: 9:00am – 7:00pm

Tuesday: 9:00am – 7:00pm

Wednesday: 9:00am – 7:00pm

Thursday: 9:00am – 7:00pm

Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm

Saturday: 9:00am – 12:30pm

Sunday: Closed


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Share on reddit
Share on print