If your child is struggling with something such as reading or handwriting, it’s important to step back and look at the big picture. What are the skills and milestones that a child needs to attain in order to successfully read or write? What would happen if those skills or milestones were interrupted?
In this episode we’re going to look at a handwriting sample done by one of my patients, a 7 year old boy and I’m going to tell you what his handwriting tells me about his development. Everything we do is built on a sequence of past events. If there is a problem with something, we need to go back to the beginning and figure out where things went wrong.
In this episode, we cover:
- How early developmental milestones influence future milestones
- Why early intervention matters
- What a handwriting sample can tell us about a child’s development
- Our brain’s process for pruning unused neurons
- When should you get your child assessed?
- Dr. Laura’s new location, Brain & Body Rehabilitation Specialists
- Download Dr. Laura’s guide to Developmental Milestones (it’s free!)
- Connect with Dr. Laura on Instagram and Facebook
- Liking the show? Write a review!
More about Connect My Brain:
Why is this happening to my kid and what can I do about it? If you’re the parent of a developmentally delayed child, you’ve probably asked this question more than once. That’s where I come in! I’m Dr. Laura Hanson and I specialize in identifying the “why” and telling you the “what.” Join me every Thursday for a deeper look at how our brains are wired and how to get the most out of your mind. Are you looking to break negative patterns, overcome mood disorders, or optimize your potential? Maybe your child struggles with ADHD, OCD or other learning difficulties. Tune in to Connect My Brain, where I explain concepts like biofeedback and neurofeedback, brainwave frequencies, and much more. Let me help you change your life by changing your mind! Contact me HERE.